What are the Security Features of AfterOffice Storage Center?
- Storage Center Firewall to prevent any intrusion from the Internet.
- Data is securely transported with SSL login and SSL transfer.
- Encryption and decryption with CAST5 using 128-bit key length.
- No Third party software and therefore no adware or spyware.
- Anti-Virus scanning for all uploads to make sure none of the infected files replace the good copy in the Storage Center.
- All storage servers are located at a highly secured data centers.
Why Redundancy and what you mean by that?
All our storage servers are backed up by another set of fail-over storage servers just in case if anything does happen to the main storage servers these backup servers will take over and all these are transparent to the user. The storage servers are backed up on a daily basis to ensure you the latest backed up copy of your data.
Where are our storage servers hosted?
We host all our servers at several data centers. All the data centers with our hosted servers will require the following criteria:
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Fire detection & suppression system.
- Regulated air conditioning.
- 24 hours on site security with CCTV surveillance system.
- On-site UPS.
- Back- up generator.
Admin Console with UCAR
In order to make sure the data is protected from being accessible by everybody or to specific groups of people, access rights control is necessary. In AfterOffice Storage Center, we have UCAR which stands for User Control Access Rights. UCAR allows the Storage Center administrator to determine which group of users can access the Storage Center application and the default folders. In addtional, the administrator can also determine which group of users can perform certain actions on each folder. These actions are shown as the following figure:
Besides the control of the access to the Storage Center application and the folders for the internal users, the administrator can do the same for the external users by creating a group (with UCAR enabled) for them. In this example we are creating a group called "Team_A". A user account called "user_a1" is also created and selected into the Group "Team_A". So, user_a1 now is a member of "Team_A". In Storage Center, we also create a folder called "Team_A_Folder".
In the Storage Center UCAR, we configure the system such that the group "Team_A" can only access this folder "Team_A_Folder". Therefore when user_a1 log onto the Storage Center, the folder this user can see is "Team_A_Folder".
With such flexibility in the access control, a company can actually create unlimited groups and folders where collaboration and file sharing take place with partners, suppliers, customers and so on. Since these group of people become members of the Storage Center, they can take advantage of all the benefits such as making use of StorageSync when uploading and downloading huge files as it has the "Resume" ability.